If You’ve Thought About Having A Psychic Reading You Need to Know These 10 Facts
As a hypnotherapist and intuitive reader, I have been privileged to deliver messages from spirit to clients most in need of guidance and wisdom. Over the years I have noticed that even some of the most frequent visitors to psychic readers do not really know that much about the process or how to get the most out of those sacred appointments. So, I thought I would share what I think everyone needs to know about intuitive reading.
1) Every reader has different skills: Most intuitive readers have multiple skills but do not assume that every psychic is also a medium and that every medium can also give you a good intuitive reading. Check the readers bio to see what they specialize in.
2) Mediumship and Channeling are two different things: Mediumship is bringing through messages from a deceased relative. Channeling is typically bringing through messages from a higher-level spiritual being like a client’s spirit guide. The confusion comes in because some mediums say they “channel” dead relatives which is not an entirely correct use of that word.
Get clear with your reader before the session so you are not disappointed when instead of hearing from Grandma you are hearing from your spirt guide. Both have great value, but the messages can be very different as I am sure you can imagine.
3) 15 minutes too short: Clients love to save money by getting shorter readings, but It takes a bit of time for the reader to really to tune in deeply to your energy and get the most valuable information. For the best results I would recommend saving up and doing a 30-45-minute reading instead unless there are just one or two specific things you are looking for and if you have worked with this reader before.
4) Come with questions: When clients come in without questions, its fine but know that spirit will share what they most want you to know which frankly will more likely be about your spiritual path than your romantic relationship. If you really want to know about something specific ask, readers love to share the information you most want to know about.
5) Don’t ask us when your birthday is: Questions like that are parlor tricks and not how spirit works. Imagine your spirit guide does all the work of planting the seed in your head for you to go get a reading because they desperately want to tell you to write that book you have been thinking about and instead you spend some of your time asking the reader what kind of car you drive. Trust me, spirit would much rather tell you about your life’s purpose.
6) Don’t ask a question that you don’t really want to know the answer to: The question “Is he cheating” is a great example of this. If I say, “oh hell yes! and the other woman is gorgeous!!” I am likely to get punched in the face but honestly that is sometimes the truth. Understand that the answer to that particular question isn’t always that helpful. If a client asks it, I already know their relationship is in trouble even if he isn’t cheating. If you are feeling neglected and unsatisfied in your relationship you really need to look at why that is and what YOU need for things to be better.
7) Its ok to feed the reader a little bit: I know people are reluctant to give readers information as a way of testing us to see if we are the real deal but in the case of a question I get a lot, “Is Brian or Bill a better match for me?” Since I have never met either of those people it is very helpful to get a bit of info on the two of them so I can tune into their energy.
8) Guides have a sense of humor: People often think of guides as only being angelic beings like Saint Peter, solemn and calm dispensing wisdom. Yes, they do that but, real guilds are just a likely to say something funny and sarcastic as the next person. I had a client’s guide once say to me in response to a clients question “Tell her I have answered that already with 3 other readers and to stop asking it” When I told my client she laughed because she had been going from reader to reader asking the same questions. You are hearing wisdom from a guide that seems irreverent or playful don’t be taken aback guides can be very funny.
9) Become a repeat customer: Find a reader you like and visit them a few times. As the reader gets more in tune with you and your guides energy it becomes easer to bring through deeper information more quickly creating a better experience for you.
10) Reading is about love: Your spirit guides love you; your dead relatives love you, even pets that have passed express great love for you. I hear that from every spirit guide I connect with and they want you to know that you are important, and you are loved. Even for the readers it’s about love since we do this because we know how much it can help people get through a rough patch, make a tough decision and understand themselves better. Know that you are important, you are loved, and we would love to see you come in for a reading sometime. Bring some questions:)
Jill K Thomas CHT
Soul Connect Hypnotherapy & Intuitive Readings
Author of the books “Tales from the Trance” & “Feed your Real Hunger”
Appointments available Globally by Video Chat