6 things you need to know about anxiety
In my hypnotherapy practice the number-one issue I see clients for is anxiety. It shows up in lots of forms and lots of different ways including social anxiety, general anxiety, and event-specific anxiety as in the case of test taking or, my personal favorite, separation anxiety.
And it can be very debilitating if it goes untreated. Over the years I have made some observations of things I think most people don’t know about anxiety.
1) Family trauma plays a part: Clients who are descendants of ancestral trauma including Holocaust survivors or other victims of war crimes tend to have this much worse than my other clients.
2) It can be learned behavior: Even for those not descended from trauma, if at an early age you watched your mom get anxious when she was stressed you may have developed the belief that that’s how you should respond to stress. Therefore, anxious parents have anxious kids.
3) It can be a bit of a habit: That learned behavior then becomes a bit of a habit. Your body automatically starts to respond to feelings of stress by releasing the hormones that make you feel anxious.
4) It’s a sign of intuition: Some anxiety sufferers are intuitive and tend to pick up on other people’s energy and emotions. Sometimes referred to as “highly sensitive” or “empathic,” these are the clients who start off the day ok but start to get anxious as they come in contact and pick up the energy or “vibes” of other anxious individuals.
5) It can get worse over time: I have seen clients who start off with anxiety develop debilitating fears and phobias.
6) It can develop into panic attacks: Panic attacks are a whole new level of discomfort. Panic attack sufferers sometimes find themselves in the hospital thinking they are having a heart attack when it’s just anxiety on steroids or more accurately, adrenaline. People tell me when it happened to them, they felt so out of control they thought they were going to die. I hope this never happens to you.
7)Bonus: Last but most importantly, it can be healed: This is not a death sentence. Just like any habit or learned behavior it can be unlearned, and just like any other problem if you put time, energy, and resources into the healing process you can get better and be anxiety free forever.
As a professional it pains me to see people suffer and not get help for anxiety mostly because with hypnotherapy it’s one of the EASIEST problems to solve. No joke, I rarely must see a client for more than a couple of sessions on this issue. Many people have almost complete resolution after just one session.
Whatever you decide to do if you have this problem, get help somewhere. Trust me, the world does not need more people suffering with anxiety and you do yourself no favors by not paying for a bit of professional help to make this go away.
I do have a great free meditation on my website right now that can help you feel better right away. Visit https://www.soulconnecthypnotherapy.com/free for all my free meditations and videos.
Jill K Thomas CHT
Soul Connect Hypnotherapy
Author of the books “Tales from the Trance” & “Feed your Real Hunger”
Appointments available Globally by Video Chat