When intuitive readings clients ask me “when are things going to back to normal?” I have to tell there “There is no going back, we are changed as a result of this experience”. And that’s not a bad thing.
I believe the biggest difference is how our personal definition of “essential” has changed.
- “Essential” labor has become redefined. A client pointed out today that we are beginning to see how essential formerly marginalized workers like Teachers, Mechanics, grocery stock clerks and delivery drivers really are. Having to try and teach your kids yourself for two months makes you realize how important teachers really are doesn’t it?
- Essential questions being asked: My intuitive reading clients are asking more questions like: “What is my life’s purpose?” “Why am I here” “How do I live life in a way that has more meaning and purpose?” “Do I still want to do the career I have been doing and how can I change?” In the past those questions were somewhat rare. It’s a nice change to see that.
- Essential Technology: By now all of us have experienced the connecting power of services like zoom and WebEx and are starting to ask why we need to be driving into an office to work. I think “working from home” will start to become the norm more and more now.
- Essential stuff: After two months of not having access to new shoes, new clothes and new makeup its easy to realize how unimportant those things really are. When we go back to “regular life” I think people will all be more aware of what they actually need.
- Essential activities: During this time, we all discovered that being able to get out in the sunshine and exercise became more important to important than those previously “essential” trips to Starbucks.
- Space, Privacy and Connection: We all got to see how valuable connection (Virtually) is but also the need for privacy and personal private time. I suspect lots of people will be moving after this is over as they got to see that space particularly outdoor space was more valuable than they realized. My guess is the “Tiny House” movement is over-but I might be wrong.
Allow yourself to ponder how your own definition of what is “Essential” to you has changed and what you will be doing and feeling differently as we emerge into this new world. What will your contribution to making this world better be?
Love yourself enough to elevate out of fear and into the higher energies of love and gratitude. After all, that is what is Essential right now.
Big Virtual hugs and take care.
Jill K Thomas CHT
Soul Connect Hypnotherapy
Author of the books “Tales from the Trance” & “Feed your Real Hunger”
Appointments available Globally by Video Chat