When you think of the word “healer” you may think of a doctor or counselor but those are really just occupations and many of the people in those fields don’t work. [AU: I’m not sure what you mean by “many of the people in those fields don’t work”; do you want to explain this to the reader or leave it as is and make them wonder?]
Being a healer is not just an occupation though some people are working in that field. It’s a way of being. Energetically, when I see it in someone’s aura, to me it looks like a lovely sparkly yellow light that can be seen by some but more often felt by others.
These people emit an energy of peace and comfort that makes friends and strangers alike want to be around them. This can be very uncomfortable for the healer as you don’t always want the person in front of you in line at the grocery store telling you all their problems. Healers do a lot of feeling their way through the world.
My hairdresser is a healer and so is one of the mechanics that services my car. My medical doctor is not a healer; she feels more like an engineer to me, which is fine, but sometimes you want someone a bit more intuitive helping you with your problems.
Over the years I have worked with many people who are truly healers but who are in occupations that are not traditionally healing. Being a healer often involves doing what you do, even if it’s something very conventional like financial planning in a healing way.
Signs you may be a healer:
- Strangers come up to you and tell you all their problems. This happens to most healers almost every day and it’s the number-one indicator to me someone has healing light around them. People can feel it and it makes them feel safe to share.
- You use your intuition in your job or business. I had a stock trader once who was very successful and shared with me that he would use his intuition to feel when something was a good or bad trade. “I use my charts, too, but sometimes I ignore the charts and indicators and go with my gut”; this has made him very successful.
- You may feel overwhelmed by other people. Healers often tell me they don’t like crowds; they can’t deal with busy places or even too many coworkers who are having bad days. Healers pick up on other people’s emotions. It’s a gift and a curse. The gift is you can know when something is wrong; the curse is sometimes you pick that up and someone else’s anxiety problems become your problems too.
- You may have odd and mysterious health issues. Healers often have stomach issues, bowl issues, problems with sex organs, and thyroid problems that don’t seem to have a known cause.
- Healers may put on weight in the stomach area. This does not always happen, but I do see a lot of healers and even tend to put on weight right in the stomach area. Sometimes called the Buddha belly, putting on weight in this area protects the third charka and gives an almost unconscious barrier between you and the outside world.
- You feel a need to fix or heal others. They may tell me they feel responsible for “taking care of” family members, often parents or spouses.
- Healers may have had some trauma in their childhood. I always say healers are created not born. When there is conflict or tension in the house, a child will turn their intuition up high so they can feel out if it’s safe for them to go into a room or not. This may be how they develop that intuitive energy in the first place.
- BONUS: Healers may have lots of one-sided relationships. Healers who aren’t doing something healing are like a bright light that draws in a lot of flies. Many healers manifest “clients” rather than partners in relationships.
If this sounds like you, I would suggest you embrace your feelings and desires to be of service to the world in some way and consider a healing job or at least doing your current job in a healing way.
That internal desire to help others and to share healing light can be used in a healthy way by doing some work in a healing art or in an unhealthy way by drawing in bad relationships. Figure out a way to use that energy even if it’s just by starting a side hustle like a coaching business. Even one client a week will help you create better boundaries and bring you a great deal of satisfaction.
Love yourself enough to do that work.
Jill K Thomas CHT
Soul Connect Hypnotherapy
Author of the books “Tales from the Trance” & “Feed your Real Hunger”
Appointments available Globally by Video Chat