- Once you start waxing, dying, or polishing any part of your body, you can never stop, and this will get expensive. Decide now to be happy with the genes your dad and I gave you… It’s so much cheaper that way!
- About half of what I have told you over the years, under the guise of “wisdom,” is complete nonsense or domestic myth, particularly stories that end with someone not being able to see anymore (“You’ll shoot your eye out!”). The downside is, it may take you a lifetime to figure out which half is nonsense and which half is valuable truth.
- Nylons and high heels were invented by a woman-hating man as a way of controlling women’s ability to move freely. I’ll bet he never expected them to catch on the way they have! He must be so proud!
- It’s not on the ingredient list, but they put crack cocaine in both bacon and sugar to make them highly addicting. Use both of these at your own risk.
- You are perfect no matter what you look like. Your voice, your words, and your opinions are very important to me and to the world. Please never feel “less than” because of your weight, height, or any other aspect of your appearance.
- In a world where many women are not allowed to work, drive, or even vote, it’s important that you do these things in honor of those who aren’t so lucky.
- You are worthy of the very best, which may mean saying “no” to people, places, and situations that are not for your highest good and in your very best interest, even if – in fact, especially if – doing that is difficult. Protect yourself the way you would protect your very own child.
- Be your own best friend. In a world full of people who will want to take advantage of a kind and giving nature, make sure the one you give the most and best to is you. Don’t worry about being selfish. Just thinking that you might be, means that you are not.
- Don’t be fearful or naive. Most people are basically good, but some are not. Make sure you listen to that inner voice warning you when something, or someone, isn’t right. It’s the best defense you have. Even if your intuition is wrong, that’s totally okay, too.
- Love yourself, no matter what stupid, childish, and occasionally reckless thing you do. This way, you will know that you are loved even with your flaws.
- Lastly, know that one day I will be gone and that you will wish we had patched up our differences before I had left the earth. Maybe it’s time to try and do that now.
Happy Mother’s Day, everyone!
Jill Thomas CCHT
Healthy Habits Hypnosis